Friday, January 13, 2012

You say I'm cheap, I call it being thrifty,

My entire life I've grown up with a natural resentment towards wasting money, or even to spending money in general. I hate throwing money at something that I feel isn't needed or isn't worth it. I'm not exactly sure why... it just seems to be the way I'm wired. One area I tend to never spend money in is food. Unless I really am hungry or it's some sort of special occasion. I just don't see the point. You buy the food or drink, and then a short time later, it's gone. Still in the phase of being a "poor college student" and only working next to minimum wage jobs, I cannot see the point in spending an hour's worth of work on something like a drink, even if it's a good one. Starbucks is pretty much the perfect example. Everything there is rather high priced. It's not that it isn't good, I just don't see how it's five dollars good. Because of this... this scene from Pulp Fiction plays through my head every single time I visit a Starbucks. (Excuse the language...)
I guess this post doesn't really have any point. ...At all. But I don't think one is required after 3:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment